Twenty-five years ago, technology and the use of data in healthcare wasn’t at all what it is today. Most hospitals didn’t have the ability to embrace technology and use it to its full potential.
As a trained social worker, I’ve always had the desire to make sense of the mess and help people achieve their full potential—and the same was true when I transitioned into healthcare technology.
I wanted to help hospitals make information and data accessible, connect people and systems, and simplify their communications, even during downtimes. And so, Interbit was born.
Where we’ve been—and where we’re headed
Healthcare is an ever-evolving industry and through the years, it’s been quite a journey, one marked by plenty of changes, challenges, and innovation.
At Interbit, we’ve developed new solutions that meet healthcare trends, compliance regulations, and industry standards, and have helped our clients do what they do best: provide mission critical patient care.
In the past few months, we’ve experienced tremendous growth and brought on Steve McDonald as president and Amy Fuller-Heffernan as Vice President of Client Strategy, both of whom have extensive backgrounds in healthcare.
We knew it was time to re-think Interbit and how we could better serve our clients. Part of that was a re-branding effort, some of which you can see in our logo, new colors, and new website.
But most of all, we’re excited to announce our new platform: Beacon.
Beacon: secure access to critical information & simplified communications, even during downtimes and cyber-attacks
Today’s hospitals and healthcare systems are looking for new ways to ensure care continuity during downtimes and EHR report distribution to deliver optimal, safe care, and increase patient satisfaction, while at the same time, contend with a complex set of challenges such as:
- The move to value-based care and new payment models
- Staffing challenges, stress, and burnout
- Government mandates and regulations
- Planned downtimes and the increasing threat of cyber-attacks
- EHR limitations
- Managing multiple sources of information, formats, and destinations
We designed the Beacon platform, an innovative downtime application and report delivery software solution, that solves these problems.
Beacon shines a light and guides our clients to improved access to critical, secure healthcare information, and simplified communications that ensure business and clinical continuity, better care, patient safety, and risk mitigation.
Here’s a brief overview of Beacon’s vendor-agnostic capabilities:
- Uninterrupted access to critical information during planned and unplanned downtimes and cyber-attack events in an on-premise or remote, secure, HIPAA-compliant server.
- The ability to leverage workflows during downtimes to deliver safe, high-quality care.
- Integrates with any source, format or method and distributes information to destinations within or outside your organization.
- Hospital data distribution fax software that provides the flexibility to manage and deliver secure messages from multiple sources, your HCIS and EHR systems including MEDITECH and Epic, and tailor them according to individual preferences from providers, payers, administrators, and more.
Beacon includes an unlimited site license, and our clients take advantage of an industry-leading client support team comprised of subject matter experts that offer concierge level of service.
As was the case 25 years ago, our vision is to ensure access, simplify, and connect—allowing hospitals to put their patients front and center.
We’re looking forward to the future, and we’d love for you to be a part of it. To learn more or schedule a demo, contact us today.